Saturday 22 December 2012

Sold to OBAMA.COM! Here is the story...


Being an independent artist of any kind has its drawbacks... it can be lonely at times in the studio, you can go through severe months of mental block where NO inspiration seems to come your way and the worst part - speaking for myself - is self promotion !!! OK, so now we are at an age where social media dominates and it is easier to use those tools i.e; Twitter, Facebook, Blogs...but believe me I find it VERY hard !! Yes I have a great platform to expose my work and talk about my success but I do find it cringing at times! Us independent artists need to promote ourselves; if not, no one will know about our work.

Six months ago I sold an image and to my surprise it was to the address OBAMA.COM ! I've hardly told any of my friends or family except when I have had the courage with a glass of wine!! I didn't want to seem as gloating but I was ecstatic inside !! I'm not implying it was for Barack Obama himself and I didn't dare to ask the buyer whom it was for, but the address made me just happy!

With the American election today, this has been going through my mind all day so I thought it was time to share it with you and not be so shy; time to be proud and tell the world! :-)

Ps. The print is also on my Etsy shop  and Not on The High Street





1 comment:

hello said...

you rock!