In the meantime I thought I'd share with you this delicious summer salad recipe for all of you out there looking for something this weekend, it is very quick and easy.
Preheat oven 180 C/ 160 C fan / Gas 4
100 g feta cheese
3-4 tbsp olive oil
250 g vine cherry Tomatoes
300 g asparagus spears ( hard woody ends cut off)
Handful roasted pine nuts
Handful of oreagano
Handful of fresh basil
I lemon, juice and zest
1. Place cheese on a square of foil and sprinkle oregano. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil then top with another square of foil and seal he edges. Bake on the tray, with the tomatoes, for 8-10 mins in the oven.
2. In the meantime slice the courgettes at an angle then mix it with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook in batches in a griddle pan until the vegetables are slightly charred.
3. For the dressing whisk together the remaining oil and lemon juice, season to taste.
4. To serve, arrange the cooked tomatoes, asparagus and courgette on a serving dish, sprinkle the Greek feta cheese followed by the lemon zest, pine nuts and basil leaves.
Enjoy ! :-)
* Other alternatives or can be added red grilled pepper or aubergine/ eggplant.