Saturday 1 March 2008

Berlin and an afternoon with Annie Leibovitz

Annie Leibovitz

It was a couple of years ago I was in Berlin on a cold, quiet Sunday afternoon covered with a thick carpet of snow exploring the cobbled side streets ( which for me it is the best way to discover a city walking and seeing what surprises the city gives you) when I came across this very quiet street...in the distance I could see a lot of people going into a building with a lovely courtyard...I had to follow and investigate what was the event being held, to my great joy my exploring had given me my wonderful surprise -An exhibition of Annie Leibovitz Photographs !! I had to go in an see...I was mesmerized but the whole experience having just been a couple of hours in this city full of history where I was standing with my shoes fool of snow, warming up in this lovely little Gallery with unknown location to me, admiring in front of me an amazing collection of Photographs by one of the best photographers in the world !!

This morning I was reading an article in one of the weekend papers about the new documentary filmed by her sister (Barbara Leibovitz) following Annie at work for a year, brought this great moment back that I shall never forget!
Film tittle - Life Through a Lens


No comments: