Sunday 27 April 2008

My Sunday movie

When I was a little girl growing up in Barcelona my grandfather used to take us to the cinema on many Sunday afternoons, his love for the cinema was seriously catchy. The excitement of looking through the Sunday papers to decide which movie we should go and see, the getting there and queuing round the block with other cinema goers, buckets of sweet popcorn , the lovely comfy big red velvet seats, the trailers, intro music and the images on a big screen that would take you to another world, yes , that's where my love of film and cinema started and a tradition that somehow it has stayed with me through my teens, twenties and to this day... whatever country I'm at, weather is in the cinema or at home it has become a some sort of Sunday ritual, which I see as my little treat of the week that takes me to somewhere else to either learn from or dream about. This Sunday my treat was a Wes Anderson film, The Darjeeling Limited . A soul searching film set in India with the fabulous Owen Wilson and Adrien Brody, the lighting and camera angles contribute to a visual feast by the cinematographer Rober Yeoman as so do the costumes and set designs. I totally recommend this film if you enjoyed the Royal Tenenbauns and The life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked this movie, too! Don't you just love Owen Wilson?

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!!! Your blog is lovely, too!

Rossana said...

Thank you 2 !