Monday 26 January 2009

My Sunday Movie...

Having been busy with xmas and Top Drawer show I haven't been able to get back into my Sunday afternoon routine of catching a movie. As some of you may know, that afternoon is sacred for me! Thankfully yesterday I managed to go to the cinema and see Milk. The true story of Harvey Milk that changed history with his courage and determination to fight for human rights. In 1977, Harvey Milk was elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, becoming the first openly gay man to be voted into public office in America. He not only fought for gay rights but for senior citizens to union workers. Sadly he was assassinated in 1978 but remained a hero for all Americans...I loved this movie and has now given me a better understanding of San Francisco culture.Sean Penn absolutely brilliant acting deserves, in my opinion the Oscar that he has been nominated for! I highly recommend this movie to any of you that may be considering to see it...enjoy and happy Monday !

No comments: