Wednesday 24 June 2009

Good old charity shops..



Looking through my apartment last night I realized that most of my house decor is either being given to me, purchased on my travels, found in flea markets or charity shops. I personally think you can get more of an individual look and reflect your own personality that way than decorating your home with brand names from top to bottom-each to their own though.
This week I'm going to create a post collection of some of my most treasured finds. So today I start by paying homage to the good old charity shops. Last week I was on my way to get some milk when I got distracted and bought more than a few tea sets that I had in mind in my local charity shop ( having been spotted by my mother as we were driving in the car the day before...-she never misses a trick !) Although, funnily enough I spotted the cabinet a few months ago in the car as Matt was driving the car...so mother like daughter I suppose, which incidentally I got the cabinet for good old £5 !! So when you are next walking or driving pass a charity shop do have a peek as you never know what little treasures you might find and also you are helping some charity fund for a good cause. To find more about your local charity shops in the UK read here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charity shops rock - I love COATS in little Crowthorne myself =) KA

Rossana said...

yep..I would call them retro cool ;-)