Friday 16 April 2010

Summer Reading


I absolutely love reading but finding the right time, moment and most importantly a good book sometimes it seems impossible !
With the hint of Spring showing up now and again it all makes it a little bit easier. Finding a five minute coffee break to sit in the garden, have breakfast or 30 mins lunch it ain't that bad. I have been very fortunate with my last book find and the current one that I'm reading-those coffee breaks make them even more better!


The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K Lee Which is set in Hong Kong before, during and just after the Japanese Occupation. The story deals of one mans love with a Eurasian woman and, subsequently, his involvement with a rather sheltered, recently married Englishwoman recently arrived (The piano teacher). I loved this book so much that has made me want to learn more from that historical era in the Far East, and eventually travel there again...
And One Day by David Nicholls is the book that I'm currently reading, which quite honestly I cant put it down! It is such a lovely book and amazingly well written that you immediately are absorbed by it! It is the story of two people that meet in graduation day of their University in the 80's and progresses through the next twenty years of their lives. Each chapter is a different year so you also get a feel of the last couple of decades of British cultural and political life. I highly recommend this one! Most likely you'll be able to relate to some chapters which makes it much more fun...

1 comment:

Zuz M said...

Thank you for the book advice!
I shall be looking out for the books :-)
Zuz M