Tuesday 6 April 2010

Jazz Nights

Jamie Cullum Tony Bennet


I have great fond memories of my childhood at our home in Barcelona with the sound of music always playing in our record player.It was my father that introduced me to Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles. Since then my love of Jazz has grown with the years. I love to listen to it in the background when I'm working, cooking, painting or reading a book. Jazz is great for background music for lazy Sundays whilst having brunch or a summer evening in the garden sipping some margaritas with some friends, personally it always sets a mood for me. But to my regret I don't have a great knowledge of the great world of Jazz musicians, so to my delight as I'm typing away a new weekly radio programme has started with Jamie Cullum presenting a show of his favourites followed by Tony Bennett later on in the evening .Great! At last I'll be able to not just enjoy this fabulous melody but also extend my knowledge and music library...Happy days...:-)

Duke Ellington,Tony Bennet& Billie Holiday

2 comments:

hello said...

I couldn't agree more with you. I too have grown up with jazzy tunes being played at home and at my aunties and uncles houses. I've got my hubby into the old jazz favourites now and we are both mad on it.

Whens the new show? What station?

Rossana said...

Ahhhhhh!!I never knew!! :-)
The programe is on Radio 2 Tuesday nights
Enjoy !