Wednesday 18 April 2012

Massimo Viatli London Exhibition


I fell in love with Massimo Vitalis' images years ago whilst browsing through the Photographic book section in Waterstones bookshop and I hope to own one of his prints one day! 


The images made so much of an impact on me that since then I have developed a phobia of crowded beaches and refuse to be part of a crowd following a trend! Although I must add that these images make me smile seeing the humour in them and at the same time bringing me great memories of my childhood and teen holidays. 


Massimo Viatli was born in Como, Italy 1944. He moved to London after high school to study Photography where after that his career began and hasn't looked back since. After working as a photojournalist and cinematographer for many years he then began his beach series in 1995.



Massimo Vitali's work can  be found in the collections of the Guggenheim in New York, the Centro de Arte Reina Sofia in Madrid, Spain and the Elton John collection. 




If you are in London over the next few weeks I'm very excited to tell you  there's currently an exhibition of his work in London  at the Brancolini Grimaldi Gallery.  For opening times check here.

3 comments:

lara said...

looks amazing!

John T said...

Love Massimo Vitali.
Thank you very much for the information :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME !!