Thursday 2 September 2010

New Furniture venture






Those of you that know me very well are aware my love for furniture restoration and painting goes back to my teens. I first got inspired when I used to be visit my mums Art studio in Barcelona that she shared with my Aunt Rosa, also an Artist. The workshop was in the centre of hustle and bustle of the city at the top of a beautiful old building. To get there you had to climb narrow old steps right to the fifth floor. It was a big apartment with lovely old tile floor,beans in the ceiling and a great view of the city. My mom used to teach furniture restoration there where I used to spend hours just looking around.I was fascinated by all the art and things being created around me, the smell of fresh paint and shelves of numerous tools and paint brushes.
Since then I have collected through the years lots of furniture from my travels which have painted /restored and distressed from the techniques taught by my mother back then. My room mates and now husband have always complained of the amount of furniture that I seem to accumulate. I tend to keep most of it although have sold some to friends and neighbors but always needed and outlet to sell it from and at the same time give out home a bit of space !
Thankfully to Matt's delight, I have managed to find such a place in my local village beautiful shop called Whimsical. So if you happen to be in the area do pop in and say hi to lovely Kelly- Ann and have a browse of many things she has for gifts and home. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sam said...

I love the furniture. You are so creative and talented. I wish you all the best!
Sam