Thursday 16 September 2010

Anyone for Tea and Cake ?




Having come from the cafe culture I have totally embraced the English tradition of 'tea and cake'.
It is a lovely afternoon treat that should be practiced more often in my opinion.
My great friend Mel introduced me to this lovely patisserie in London one winters' day .
Maison Bertaux is believed to be one of the oldest patisseries founded in 1870 in London. With its fabulous Parisian Kirsch style decor, a visual feast of cakes and great characters walking in and out of the store it was like being in the middle of a movie set waiting for Amelie to turn up.
We entered the store for what was meant to be a quick catch up in mid afternoon and left when it was dark and closing time; the last ones to leave! I have fond memories of that afternoon; people watching, conversing over a pot of tea and enjoying more than one cake I have to say!!If you are in London and fancy treating yourself to afternoon tea and cake this Autumn, why not try Maison Bertaux, unless you know of this place already :-)
Thank You Melly for that fab afternoon/evening !

1 comment:

Mellisa said...

I would love to have some tea with those strawberry cakes. Looks yummy!